Page 1 of 12
Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies
- promotes in situ conservation of folk crop genetic diversity and sustainable resource use system;
- encourages and promulgates ecologically sensible living, based on local biocultural ethic;
- nurtures traditional cultural and social institutions of nature conservation and traditional bonds of community, which are in the demise with modernization of values; and
- demonstrates how ecological architecture, resource conservation and minimizing waste can weave comfort into frugal living.
- Carries out cutting-edge research in biology and biochemistry of rice and other food plants.
- Rescues Rare and Endangered plants using tissue culture.
- Documents taxonomic and ecological information about Rare taxa.
The range of CIS activities may be described under the rubrics on the following pages.
Prev – Next >>